Brecon View Eco Village is here to provide the most luxurious sustainable holiday experience.With our high quality zero carbon lodges set in a beautiful rural setting overlooking ancient woodland we are dedicated to ensure our guests create wonderful holiday memories.
Looking To Achieve Zero Carbon
– Our lodges are build to the highest passive house standard in Britain. This means that no heating is necessary due to high insulation, triple glazing and no air leakages that leave cold air in and warm air out.
– Each lodge generates all electricity with solar panels. In the summer they generate far more than what they need and this goes back into the national grid.
– Rain water is being harvested and is re-used after being filtered. This water is used in the toilets, washing machines and dishwashers.
– The Village is landscaped with shrubs, trees and flower beds. This helps carbon offsetting using mains drinking and shower water.
– During the build of our lodges over 80% of our suppliers were within a 40 mile radius and 90% of our sub contractors lived within a 20 mile radius. The build therefore had a very low carbon footprint and it helped keeping jobs local.
Our dream isn’t finished yet and we will always try to keep innovating. Next on our list we would like to achieve is creating electric car charging points for guests and install power walls to store the electricity that we generate for use during the evening and night.
Meet Our Team
From racing cars in my 20’s to establishing my sports injury clinic, I have always enjoyed new challenges. Setting up Brecon View Eco Village with my wife Neeltje is the most rewarding project of my life. Creating the future!
Up until September 2017 I lived in The Netherlands and worked as an inspector in the Dutch police. Because home is where the heart is, I exchanged The Netherlands for stunning Wales in 2017. Working together with Simon and our guest manager Nyree to make sure our guests have got the best zero carbon holiday experience is incredible!
After having worked in the international travel industry for many years I was very excited to become part of The Brecon View Team just before the first lodges opened in June 2021. The innovation and vision combined with luxury are fantastic to share and it is a pleasure to be the friendly voice and face for all our wonderful guests.